If you're interested in joining the team, and you don't see a role above that is right for you, send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com. No phone calls.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Truman Center and Truman National Security Projoect is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Truman does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please contact us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply.
Reports To: Senior Membership Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary: The Membership Coordinator is an important part of our dynamic membership team! S/he works closely with the staff to support the day-to-day member-related operations of the Membership Department. S/he works on member communications, member data, the membership application and selections process, supporting Chapter activities, and dues renewal. The Membership Coordinator helps provide exceptional customer service to members, applicants, and the general public.
Member and Chapter Support:
- Support the execution of annual new member orientation;
- Coordinate with Chapter leadership on events to include logistics, invitations, and reporting after the events;
- Support promotion and member registration for the annual conference;
- Draft and send regular member wide communications and newsletters;
- Working across the organization, manage the Membership listservs and slack channels;
- Coordinate logistics for annual leadership retreat;
- Assess and respond to general member inquiries.
- Ensure member data is correctly entered into Salesforce database;
- Regularly run reports and maintain member data integrity;
- Process new member applications, and support the interviews and selections processes;
- Track annual membership dues renewals;
- Track member participation and record in database.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism;
- Experience with mass email programs and CRMs (Salesforce database experience a strong plus);
- Willingness to work long hours including nights and weekends, some travel possible;
- Ability to manage strong personalities with ease;
- Customer service orientation;
- Entrepreneurial and innovative, constantly looking for ways to improve systems;
- Proficient using the Web to conduct research, as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Commitment to the values, mission, and goals of Truman National Security Project;
- The position is located in Washington, D.C.
Salary range is $38,000-$43,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Send cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure your resume focuses on the impact your work has generated and not just your job responsibilities! Additionally, please ensure your cover letter includes an example of:
-when you demonstrated sound judgment
-how you handle conflict
-an example that demonstrates you are a self-starter and like to take initiative
Truman Center and Truman National Security Project are equal opportunity employers with a strong commitment to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply.
The Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship pays a salary for college graduates to work with NGOs in Washington, DC, including the Truman National Security Project Educational Institute, on international peace and security issues for six to nine months. For further information, please visit www.scoville.org.