If you're interested in joining the team, and you don't see a role above that is right for you, send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com. No phone calls.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Truman Center and Truman National Security Project is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Truman does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please contact us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply.
Reports To: President and CEO
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary: The Communications Director will be responsible for the initial assessment, development, management, and implementation of the overarching digital and communications strategy. Responsibilities include Truman marketing and branding, messaging platforms, website redesign, and social media strategy and management, including seeking out new/reinvigorated non-press content.
The Communications Director will report directly to the President and CEO.
- Develop a marketing and branding strategy for the organization;
- Serve as the brand manager for the organization;
- Oversee marketing collateral design and production;
- Develop and execute Truman-branded social strategy (includes Twitter, Facebook, blog);
- Develop new/reinvigorated non-press content to improve communications with members and public (use of video, online and virtual events);
- Capture, repackage organizational collateral (photos, events video, press hits);
- Maintain all online platforms (includes website redesign);
- Maintain and cultivate the organization's digital communities and stakeholder engagement;
- Track metrics and conduct regular after-action reviews of communication initiatives to measure and evaluate the marketing success;
- Participate in setting organizational policies, establishing strategic priorities, and advancing organizational development plans; and
- Manage a combination of staff and consultants.
- Demonstrable expertise in the principles of strategic planning including audience and message segmentation, editorial and content planning, as well as robust measurement and analytical approaches to prove content effectiveness;
- Proven ability in developing digital strategies that achieve grasstops advocacy campaign objectives;
- Exceptional skill with written and verbal communications and ability to effectively communicate strategic recommendations;
- Significant knowledge of the social and digital ecosystem, including social platforms;
- Strategic and hands-on understanding of the principles of paid media planning and how to incorporate advertising into comprehensive content strategies designed to engage a variety of audiences across digital and social channels;
- Experience presenting and articulating integrated digital strategy, including campaign goals, objectives, and measures of success;
- Experience developing data-driven content strategies required and experience developing strategies informed by CRM and third-party data;
- Experience developing and conducting ongoing content performance tests and implementing optimizations;
- Basic graphic design and video editing;
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and the Facebook and Twitter pixels as well as social media management tools such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite Enterprise preferred;
- Experience planning and executing content effectiveness studies across social platforms;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from all digital channels, drawing insights from the data to inform future recommendations and strategies; and
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Masters degree with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience and demonstrated interest in dynamic national security and foreign policy issues;
- Digital/creative agency, non-profit, and/or public policy experience;
- Experience in working in Adobe Premier Pro; and
- Supervisory experience.
Salary range $80,000-100,000, commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
Send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, two marketing and/or branding samples, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.